• President Romney

    romney on FTN
    THE-Ave.US was the first media to break the news that Mitt Romney was going to run for Apostle of the Mormon Church rather than seeking a second term as President.  Click here for timely stories about the Presidency under Mitt Romney.


    ST PAUL ICONEvery Sunday, THE Ave begins with a story about religion. Sometimes these are quotes from one of the bibles, other times they stories about how religious and anti religious people behave. Hopefully there is enough balance to please, offend, or stimulate folks who care about what is done in the name or names of deities. READMORE HERE.

  • THE Ave Scene

    21st ave E as bike wayOK ..this is where we live  … on the gentriest street in Seattle’s gentrifying Capital Hill neighborhood.   THE-Ave, talks about a broader scene .. centered on the UW but including the arts, the food, the politics, the “scene” surrounding UW.  The best way to see some of this gentler side of THE Ave is to click the map.

  • UW

    UW WeritasClicking this logo will bring you to a magazine coverage of the UW unlike anything on the UW campus.   This lede will take you to other  stories about the UW … the athletic department’s budget, the lack of free speech on campus, fights with Cougar U over their desire to make a rival medical school, racism in the Athletic Department, achievements of UW faculty that do not get heralded, relations with the city and state, and more.



    Roger RabbitRoger is our resident Chief Justice of the cabbage patch.  A former judge and a former journalist, this furry creature is cynical about most things, legalistic about law, and even .. at times … good at making fun.

  • BUCHENWALD: The Pain Continues

    Buchenwald 31 graphic iconThis tragic LEDE relates efforts by my brother and sister to destroy my father’s heritage as the commanding officer of the first American medical company to enter Buchenwald.  Robert Schwartz’s pictures rot in a safe in Boston. My wife and I  fight in the courts to get these preserved and released into the public domain before all the survivors die and can no longer see the pictures from April 1945.

  • romney on FTN
    THE-Ave.US was the first media to break the news that Mitt Romney was going to run for Apostle of the Mormon Church rather than seeking a second term as President.  Click here for timely stories about the Presidency under Mitt Romney.

Posts Tagged ‘Republicans’

March 16th, 2016 - 11:51 pm § in Misc.

Buchanan: “A new Republican Party is taking shape.”

Whatever happens at Cleveland, the <the Trump insurgency> looks like the passing of the old order, the death rattle of an establishment fighting for its life, and being laughed at and mocked as it goes down.    [...]

February 27th, 2016 - 11:37 pm § in Misc.

Confederates for Trump

Click the picture for TA posts about South CarolinaConfederates For Donald Trump Warn Of White Ethnic CleansingA rally hosted by advocates for the Confederate flag and the Confederate narrative of American history was deliberately transformed into Donald Trump rally on the day of the Republican primary in South Carolina. Posted by The Young Turks on[...]

February 24th, 2016 - 12:30 am § in Misc.

Rubio Gets Up, Stands Tall

Playing to an undercard fight crowd in a Las Vegas casino, Rubio the Robot got up from the floor and punched his way to victory against Truss Ted.   This second place finish  should may win the high healed, feisty, little son of a Miami Beach bartender a chance at a title match with world champ[...]

February 21st, 2016 - 8:37 am § in Misc.

“I don’t see a president here.”

Mike James A bit sad to watch Jeb Bush drop out of this presidential race, but it was a campaign that never had traction. The GOP of 2016 is not the party that chose Bush 1 and 2, nor is this an age where the idea of political dynasties generates much excitement. Barbara Bush said […][...]

February 15th, 2016 - 11:40 pm § in Misc.

Does Ted Cruz realize that Hillary beat Barbara Bush in a cookie baking contest?

  New Challenge for the Lady candidate: That guy with the Texas drawl must be Ted Cruz, Cuz his wife sure wears the tallest damn shoes. Makes you wonder if he is the candydate, Will the missus challenge Hillary to a walk off ?[...]

January 17th, 2016 - 10:21 am § in Misc.

Job Opportunity: CLOWNS!

The US is Running Out of Clowns The NY Daily News is reporting that the US may be running out of clowns! As Ringling Brothers’ the “Greatest Show on Earth” returns to NY, the circus may face a national clown shortage. Membership at the country’s largest trade organizations for the jokes[...]

November 20th, 2015 - 12:16 am § in Misc.

Republican Intolerance


November 16th, 2015 - 1:22 am § in Misc.

Darryl Holman: Who will win the 2016 Senate?

Poll Analysis: Senate Outlook 2016 by Darryl — HORSESASS Pres. Senate to Dems* Senate to GOP Democratic: 43.3% probability 56.7% probability Republican: 5.6% probability 94.5% probability Mean of 49 seats Mean of 51 seats It is way too early to make much of anything out of the 2016 Senate head-to[...]

November 7th, 2015 - 10:35 am § in Politics, The Ave Scene

An important anniversary for Seattle … Mayor Nice

As we head toward another hate filled election, the country ought to Seattle in the 1990s for a model  Rice wins election as Seattle’s first African American mayor on November 7, 1989. | We voted for Norm . The thing that is so hard to remember now is that the issues surrounding him were not[...]